Crossword Clue Solver
Tell us as much as you can about a clue you are stuck on and we will find all matching items in our database of over 504,257 words and phrases!
How many letters in your clue?
Please enter any letters you know, for example from overlapping answers.
Please enter any letters which you know must appear in the answer, for example anagrams.
The "containing letters" search is the most powerful tool at your disposal, and you can enter multiple pieces of answers in to it.
- Full anagrams, for example optoat giving potato
- Negative anagrams, excluding letters, for example -BOAT giving words without a B, O, A, or T
- Partial anagrams, for example baan giving banana and cabana
- Partial answers, in quotes, for example "cab" to show words like cabbage and vocab
- A combination of these, for example "mad",sen to show words containing "mad", and the letters "s", "e" and "n", like maddens and madness
Outlaws and William finally make mistake with strong desire to capture maiden (5,3)
From the clue, you guess that the answer probably contains an "m" (the last letter of William) and "err" (make mistake), but that's as far as you've got.
In the fields above, you enter "8" for the number of letters, and "ERR",M into the "containing letters field.
The site searches for words containing the phrase "err", as well as the letter "m".
That results in a few possibilities, among them the answer you are looking for: merry men.
You have chosen to search for words of letters, but have entered letters into the "contains" field. Please check these and try again.
There are words matching your query in our database.